On all flights operated by Air Arabia Maroc departing from an airport within the EU, passengers have certain rights under European Regulation (EC) 261/2004.
These rights apply in the event of flight cancellations, (longer) flight delays and denied boarding, except when you are denied boarding for reasonable grounds, such as reasons of health, safety or security, or inadequate travel documentation.
All rights are subject to the following conditions:
- you have a confirmed reservation on a flight operated by Air Arabia, purchased at a fare available directly or indirectly to the general public; and
- (except in case your flight has been cancelled in advance) you have presented yourself for check-in before the check-in deadline.
Right to reimbursement or re-routing (art. 8 Regulation):
In the event of involuntary denied boarding or cancellation of your flight, you shall be offered the choice between:
- reimbursement within seven days of the full costs of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to your original travel plan, together with, when relevant, and a return flight to the first point of departure, at the earliest opportunity, or;
- re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at the earliest opportunity; or
- re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at a later date at your convenience, subject to availability of seats.
In the event we expect your flight to be delayed by at least 5 hours, you also have the right to reimbursement under (a) above.
Right to care and assistance (art. 9 Regulation):
In the event of cancellations and denied boarding you are entitled to receive free of charge:
- meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;
- two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails;
- hotel accommodation in event of re-routing when the reasonably expected time of departure of the new flight is at least the day after the departure as it was planned for the cancelled flight, or where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary; In this case, you are also entitled to free of charge transport between the airport and place of accommodation.
You have the rights under (a) and (b) above also in the event of flight delays of:
- 2 hours or more in the case of flights of 1500 kilometers or less;
- for 3 hours or more beyond its scheduled time of departure in the case of flights operated by us between 1,500 kilometers and 3,500 kilometers,
- 4 hours or more in case of all other flights;
You have the above right under (c) above in the event of flight delays when the reasonably expected time of departure is at least the day after the time of departure previously announced, the assistance specified in ArticleSection 3(c) and 39(d); and
Right to compensation (art. 7 Regulation):
Except if we can prove that a cancellation or a delay of at least three hours at arrival was caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken, in the event of denied boarding, cancellation and delays at destination of at least three hours, you are entitled to compensation amounting to:
- EUR 250 for all flights of 1500 kilometres or less;
- EUR 400 for all flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres;
- EUR 600 for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).
When passengers are offered re-routing to their final destination on an alternative flight, and the arrival time of which does not exceed the scheduled arrival time of the flight originally booked
- By two hours, in respect of all flights of 1500 kilometres or less; or
- by three hours, in respect of all EU flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres; or
- by four hours, in respect of all flights not falling under (a) or (b), we may reduce the abovementioned compensation by 50 %.
For the full text of EC Regulation 261/2004 you may click here