1. Where does Air Arabia fly?
Air Arabia (PJSC) is the first and largest low cost carrier (LCC) in the Middle and North Africa. The company operates from three main hubs: Sharjah International Airport in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, Mohamed V International Airport in Casablanca, Morocco, and Bur Al Arab International Airport, Alexandria, Egypt.
Air Arabia flies you to over 83 cities spreading across the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, the Indian subcontinent and Central Asia
Click here to view Air Arabia destination map
2. What is the nature of Air Arabia’s fleet?
Air Arabia operates a single type of aircraft, the Airbus A320. Being one of the world's best-selling commercial jetliners, the Airbus A320 is widely renowned for its high rate of dispatch reliability and onboard comfort.
Our Air Arabia fleet consists of 27 brand new Airbus A320 aircraft. The average age of Air Arabia fleet is 1.7 years.
3. How many classes are on board Air Arabia aircraft and how many seats?
Air Arabia’s aircraft are all configured as an economy cabin configured with 162 seats. Air Arabia is proud to provide the widest seat pitch of any other economy cabin, providing you extra comfort onboard all our aircraft.
4. Are food and beverages included in the ticket fare?
The costs for ticketing, in-flight meals and frequent flyer schemes are omitted from our fares so that our passengers pay only for their flight fare. We leave the choice for you to select add-on services. Through our onboard 'Sky Café' menu, you can enjoy a wide range of snacks and beverages at affordable prices, which can be bought at the discretion of our customers.
5. Does Air Arabia offer any group discounts?
Groups of 10 passengers and above travelling on the same itinerary are considered as ‘group’ and are offered a special rate. Group booking forms can be filled online.
6. Does Air Arabia have a frequent flyer programme?
Air Arabia does not have a frequent flyer programme. By saving on costs that would be incurred from such programmes, we instead make up the difference by providing cheaper fares to our customers.
1. How do I book my Air Arabia flight?
Air Arabia follows an e-ticketing air travel system, which means we make your journey simple and efficient. All what it takes you to fly Air Arabia is to show up at the check-in counter with your reservation number and passport.
You can book your ticket online through www.airarabia.com
or simply by contacting our call centres via telephone. You can also visit our sales centres in your country or appointed travel agents.
Click here to e Explore Air Arabia's various booking and payment channels
2. How do I pay for my booking?
There are several ways to pay for your Air Arabia booking, as follows:
- Pay for flights booked online booking via the Internet using credit cards or cash.
- Pay for flights booked through the Call Centre using credit card.
- Pay for flights booked through the Call Centre by cash through various partners.
- Pay for flights booked at airport stations or sales offices we accept cash and credit cards.
- Pay for flights booked through our sales canters or appointed travel agents.
We accept major credit cards including Visa and MasterCard and other alternative payment methods.
3. What add-on services can I purchase while booking my flight?
Air Arabia provides you with a wide range of add-on services to make your journey more comfortable and enjoyable. While booking online, you can preselect your meal on board, select your seat of choice prior to your flight, and select your checked-in baggage option. You can also add on ‘Travel Secure’, our customized travel insurance service to gain peace of mind during your trip. We also offer valuable airport services including, meet and assist, priority check-ins, and access to various lounges..
4. Can I modify my existing booking, or change my reservation details (i.e. route, date and time)?
You can always access your existing booking details by simply visiting the 'Modify Booking' page on our website. To access your booking history, please register on our website first.
If you wish to change your booking details, such as the route, date and time of your flight, you must inform us of your changes 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. Changes to your booking will incur an additional handling fee plus any difference in the total cost of the applicable flight.
The change can be made online through our website, by contacting one of our call centres or by visiting Air Arabia sales centres and appointed travel agents.
5. Can I purchase an open Air Arabia ticket?
Open tickets are not available at Air Arabia. All the chosen sectors must be booked and paid for at the same time.
6. Is an Air Arabia booking valid for travel on other airlines?
All Air Arabia bookings are solely valid for travel on Air Arabia only.
7. What do I need to remember while booking?
Once you make a booking, you should receive a ‘Confirmation Number’ and flight details. This number is your flight itinerary. If it should happen that you forget your Confirmation Number while checking in, you should mention your name, the same way when your booking was initiated.
8. Are there special discounts for group bookings on Air Arabia flights? Do you offer charter flights?
Yes. A group of 10 and above are can benefit from an Air Arabia group booking. We also offer charter services at competitive prices. Click here
to submit for group booking,
1. How do I search for flights and fares?
The booking engine is on the left side of the website. To begin searching, select your departure and arrival destinations, dates, and number of passengers. Then click on the 'search' button. A new page will display a list of available flights and fares. Please note that availability constantly changes, hence fares are also subject to change.
2. How does the online booking process work?
Air Arabia uses a simple and secure booking process that involves just three easy steps: search and choose, select and pay, and print and fly. The process is almost identical to that used by our call centre agents, except that you have the flexibility to customise your bookings as you prefer. Additionally, you are not committed to anything until you enter your credit card details and submit for payment, so you have the flexibility to explore all your options.
3. Aside from air fare, what else can I add on while booking my itinerary?
While booking, you have the option to add on extra services at your convenience and at very affordable costs. Those services are: seat selection, meals and snacks, travel insurance, airport services, hotel booking, and car rental.
4. How secure are my bookings and payments?
5. How do I know if my booking was successful?
If you were shown a confirmation page with a ‘Confirmation Number’, then your booking was successful. You will also receive a confirmation email with your itinerary details. If for some reason you don’t receive the email, don't worry. All you need for you to travel is the Confirmation Reference from your confirmation page – this will be your booking reference and proof of your identity.
Air Arabia does not issue tickets, and all your details related to your bookings are held in our computerised system under this unique reference. We are a ticketless airline so you don't need to worry about the hassle of collecting paper tickets.
1. What is the free and allowable size of my hand bag?
The standard size bag is no more than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, including the handle, pockets and wheels. You are entitled to only one standard size bag and one laptop size bag, handbag or briefcase. Infants under two years old are entitled to one standard sized bag (for items your infant may require during the flight).
The weight of the hand baggage should not exceed 10 KG.
Restrictions on the quantities of liquids, gels or pastes carried in your hand bag are limited to 100ml and should be held in individual containers.
2. What is the free and allowable size of my checked bag?
The standard sized bag is no more than 160cm (width, depth and length). Air Arabia does not offer cargo facilities for oversized baggage.
On all Air Arabia flights from/to/via Sharjah, Casablanca, Fez, Nador, Tangier, Marrakech the checked baggage is an option. Every passenger can pre-book a baggage allowance (between 20 Kg and 40 Kg subject to availability) at a discounted rate while doing his/her reservation through our website, call centre, sales shops or partner travel agents. At the airport, only 20 kg baggage allowance can be purchased. Weight above 20 Kg is considered excess baggage.
3. What do I do if I have excess baggage?
Excess baggage is paid for at the airport while checking in. A maximum of two checked in bags are permitted per passenger.
Excess baggage charges vary per final destination. Click here
to check excess baggage charge.
4. What are the items that I am restricted to carry in my bag?
to view a list of all banned items that you are not allowed carrying with you due to security reasons.
1. What do I do if my bag doesn’t arrive at the airport?
IIf you are certain that your bag is lost, you have to report this to the baggage claim unit at your local airport. Air Arabia baggage department will contact you soon as your bag is traced.
2. How do I follow up on delayed baggage?
You can always follow up on your delayed baggage through our baggage tracer system on our website. You can also call our customer relations department to follow up on your baggage.
3. What compensation do you give on lost baggage?
Your delayed baggage is declared lost after 45 days from the day you submit your lost baggage claim. Air Arabia will compensate you US$ 20 per kg and a maximum of US$ 400.
4. Can I check in for my onward flight at the point of departure and reclaim my checked in baggage at the end of the entire journey?
Yes, you can claim your checked-in baggage at the end of the journey provided the entire flights are on Air Arabia. However, you need to report to the transit desk at Sharjah International Airport to claim your onward boarding card.
1. What time should I be present at the check in counters?
Check-in counters open three hours prior to your departure time and close one hour before your flight time. It is crucial you report two hours prior to your flight. Air Arabia will not be responsible if you miss your flight due to late reporting.
2. Can I check in online?
You can check in online through Air Arabia’s website if you are travelling from Sharjah International Airport only.
3. Can I reserve seats when I check in?
Yes, you can choose from seats that are still available. You can also select your preferred seat while booking your flight.
1. How does Air Arabia classify a passenger and an infant?
‘Infants’ are classified as those below two years old. ‘Passengers’ are those above two years of age. Each infant must be accompanied by an adult (i.e. in the ratio of one infant to one adult). Infants under the age of two weeks are not permitted to travel on Air Arabia.
2. What do I have to do if I am travelling with an infant?
Infants may travel for AED 120 (or equivalent) per sector, provided they are seated on the lap of the person accompanying them. Infants from six months to two years may occupy a suitable and approved safety seat and for which a separate seat must be purchased, at the applicable adult fare. If you are travelling with an infant and have booked a ticket through our website, it is preferable to contact our call center quoting your Confirmation Number and inform our staff that you are flying with an infant.
3. What is Air Arabia’s policy regarding unaccompanied young passengers?
Air Arabia will not accept unaccompanied children under the age of 12 years.
4. What are the regulations for pregnant women travelling on Air Arabia?
We will accept expectant mothers for travel up to the end of their 28th week of pregnancy without a medical certificate. If travelling from the end of their 28th week and the end of their 35th week of pregnancy, a medical certificate will be required from a doctor stating the number of weeks of the pregnancy and confirming the expectant mother is fit to fly. We are unable to accept those expectant mothers once they reach the 36th week of their pregnancy, or in the case of those who are expecting a multiple birth after the end of their 32nd week; and therefore all flights should be completed before this time is reached.
5. Can I request for special assistance for passengers with special needs?
Yes, Air Arabia must be advised of any assistance required for passengers with special needs at the time of reservation. Please contact our call centres quoting the Confirmation Reference in order to obtain confirmation of required assistance.
6. How do I make a request for specific seats?
Seats are only assigned at the time of check-in. You can purchase your favourite seat while booking.
1. What is Air Arabia's procedure for delayed flights?
In the event of flight delays, we make every effort to contact passengers in advance to inform them of the rescheduled departure timings.
2. What is Air Arabia's policy if a flight is cancelled?
In the event of flight cancellation, Air Arabia offers its passengers the following choices:
- Transferring to the next available Air Arabia flight without any additional charges
- Claiming the value of the flight which can be retained as a credit for future travel with Air Arabia within one year of the original travel date.
- Refund back to the customer the value of that particular cancelled flight
3. Am I entitled to a refund if I cancel my flight?
Air Arabia does not have any refund policy, due to the pricing scheme the company follows. However, if you wish to cancel your flight, residual amount will be credited to you towards a future flight on Air Arabia to be used within a year of your original booking and will be subject to a cancellation fee (this is not applicable for flights from and into Casablanca hub).