Located 30 kilometres southeast of Casablanca and operated by ONDA (National Airports Office), Mohammed V International Airport is the busiest airport in Morocco with over 6.2 million passengers passing through the airport every year. The airport, which is currently being renovated to cater to increasing air travel demand, provides an easy and smooth process from check-in till departure. It offers passengers unique duty free and shopping outlets, and is a popular destination for international airlines.
Transport & Hotels
- Car: Mohammed V International Airport can be reached via the A7 Casa-Berchid motorway via Bouskoura. From Rabat use the A3 motorway then the A5.
- Rail: The train station is situated at Level 1 in the arrivals area of Terminal 1. Trains depart from the airport to Casablanca every hour between 06:50 and 22:50. Trains depart from Casablanca to the airport every hour between 06:38 and 22:38. Journey time is half an hour and costs 30 MAD (around US$3).
- Bus: Bus company CTM operates services to Casablanca’s Mohammed V International Airport from the city centre. The journey time is one hour.
- Taxi: The taxi rank is located at Level 0 of the arrivals area. The base rate for a journey to Casablanca is MAD200 (around US$25).
- Hotels: Mohammed V International Airport has two airport hotels. The Atlas Hotel is a 3-star hotel owned by Atlas Hospitality. A hotel within the transit area of Terminal 2 offers rooms for shorter periods exclusively for transiting passengers.